Friday, July 1, 2011

Edna - For Art Thou Butterfly


Designer: Edna Morrisedie (Edna15)
Date Posted: July 1, 2011
Keywords: DolceJun11, My Heart Stamps for You
Catagory: Birthday
Stamps: My Heart Stamps for You: Sm Jer’s Butterfly #2, Floral Butterfly; Hero Arts: Birthday
Ink: Versamark; Copic Markers; SU: Red Ridinghood
Embellishments: Mark Richards: Adhesive Pearls (White); Judikins: Embossing Powder (Red); Heidi Swapp: Chipboard Rectangles; May Arts: Mesh Ribbon, Twine; Random: Striped ribbon and Button
Tools:Embossing Gun; E K Succeess 3-D Dots: Foam Squares
Paper: Black, White, Lilac (Pastel Variety Pack), Recollections Purple Pinstripe

When I looked at this stamp I saw embossing and colouring of the negative space... and this time that happened in pink and red... the inspiration for the card was definitely the stamp and then the elements of the card came together from my choice of pink and red. SO MANY options with this stamp for applying ink... coloured this time, but I know this stamp will become a fave for me, so looking forward to trying some different options!
Thanks, Edna.

6 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is so pretty, Edna! I love all the different elements you brought to together with this beautiful butterfly.

Cindy said...

Edna
I love everything about this beauty.
Cindy

jkreucher said...

Omgosh! what an awesome design Edna... love the monochromatic color theme!
lovein everything girl!
Judy

Ellen Taylor said...

I can see the potential options to play with this fabulous butterfly! Love the pink and red and what you did with this beauty!

Pat Jandacek said...

So very pretty - all the embellishments just fit so beautifully. Love the striped ribbon, especially!

Dodie Martin said...

Love your color combination and perfect bow!