Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Charlene


Title: Under My Umbrella
Designer: Charlene Merrick
Date Posted: June 15, 2011
Keywords: DolceJun11,Art Impressions
Catagory: Friendship
Stamps: Art Impressions Girlfriends Under My Umbrella and Friends Share Sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin" Up Espresso, Copic Sketch Markers
Embellishments: Petaloo Color Me Crazy Flowers, Chocolate Brad
Tools:Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Scallop Border Die, Spiral Border Punch, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, pop up glue dot
Paper: White, The Paper Cut Tangy Orange & Hot Fudge (Earth Variety Pack), Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Designer Paper

These Girlfriend images are so much fun to color, especially with Copic markers! I added a polkadotted pattern to the purple coat on the far right with light touches from just the tip of my Copic marker. I don't use orange much in my designs, but it was fun incorporating this pretty Cosmo Cricket Salt Air designer paper into my card sketch. I especially liked it for the paper piecing on the umbrella.


6 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome card my friend!
I love your coloring!!! great paper and punches.
Cindy

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome job Charlene! I' say it again...Brilliant paper piecing! Love that border punch too!!!Don't you just love these gals!

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

Oh Charlene this is just perfectly put together! Your coloring and paper piecing are awesome! Terrific job on this my dear, tfs!!

Hugs
Heather

DSC-Sandra said...

Love this card it is so fitting for Seattle. You make it look like it's fun in the rain with all the great colors you used. Love the border combo. Love it great card.

Mothermark said...

Oh Charlene! What a wonderful card this is! And what a design team! All the cards are just great! I love that you have been chosen, you so deserve it and will to Dolce proud! YOu go girl!

Dodie Martin said...

Love this bright friendship card! Great umbrella